The skill level of an organization’s team is a solid indication of the effectiveness of its reliability efforts. Having the right skills are key to the elimination of improper installation. Without the right skills, reliability is not possible.
First and foremost, apprenticeships help businesses develop highly skilled employees. Apprenticeship programs also reduce turnover rates, increase productivity and lower the cost of recruitment.
Additional benefits include:
- Customized training that meets industry standards, tailored to the specific needs of AMM, resulting in highly skilled employees.
- Increased knowledge transfer through on-the-job learning from an experienced mentor, combined with education courses to support work-based learning.
- Enhanced employee retention: 91% of apprentices that complete an apprenticeship are still employed nine months later.
- A safer workplace that may reduce worker compensation costs, due to the program’s emphasis on safety training.
- A stable and reliable pipeline of qualified workers.
- A systematic approach to training that ensures employees are trained and certified to produce at the highest skill levels required for the occupation.
Finally, businesses may qualify for tax credits and other incentives available for apprenticeship program sponsors. Workforce systems and other community partners may also choose to contribute funding for training, supplies or other aspects of apprenticeship programs. These benefits reduce an employer’s investment in apprenticeship training costs.
Dr. Wright’s core competencies include skills development, reliability, tribology, contamination control, design for reliability and proper installation of equipment. Throughout his distinguished career he has developed journeyman trades people in many of the country’s most iconic organizations.